Flibitijibibo has completely forked MonoGame and is doing a lot of cleanup to make it a better alternative for XNA on open desktop systems.
I decided to take a chance on wrecking my beautiful Trusty installation, and move from the 331 to 334 video drivers.
Thanks to a tweet from The Iron Lord, I see that Valve posted the DirectX-to-OpenGL translation layer they’ve been using on GitHub: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ToGL
I was inspired by Sanjay’s Breakernoid project, and thought I’d crank out a quick Space Invaders clone this morning as more practice with C#/MonoGame. In particular, I wanted to work out per-pixel collision detection and see what neat effect I could get on the bunker destructions.
I managed to trick grive into syncing a ton of lecture videos without ending up stuck in a loop, by stopping repono, manually uploading the videos via the web interface, deleting the state file in my local folder (.grive_state), and starting repono.
Spent my lunch break troubleshooting something weird with a MonoGame-SDL2 (soon to be FNA) play project: One of my sprites,…
I won a copy of Slender: The Arrival on Steam from Midnight City. I will give Maloki first-dibs though, since…
While working on my Space Invaders clone, I ran across a neat site with detailed specifics as to how a number of classic games worked: http://www.computerarcheology.com. It’s quite nostalgic to read.
Sanjay Madhav has a great series of articles going on over at InformIT where he walks through building an Arkanoid clone from scratch using MonoGame.
I’ve been playing with cloud storage the last few days, as a simple way to synchronize between machines and as insurance against catastrophic failure. Here are my observations so far…